Demographics are the quantifiable statistics of a given population. Using this API, you can automatically estimate the age and gender of the writer of any text message, using only the text itself.
Depending on the language and the context of your text, this API can estimate gender as "male", "female" or "unknown" (for organizations) with around 65% accuracy, and the age category with about 58% accuracy, from the following categories:
- 12-20 years
- 21-30 years
- 31-40 years
- 41-55 years
- 56-65 years
Estimation accuracies can be improved towards 75%, if user-names or proper names of the message author (e.g. Twitter handles) are available. Any error in age recognition usually falls within the nearby category; e.g. someone who is 52 will most likely be in the 41-55 category, but otherwise almost certainly in the 56-65 category.
For more details, please consult this API's documentation.
We are continually improving the accuracy of this API and the range of available languages for analysis. Currently, Demographics API supports the following 7 languages:
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- German (Deutsch)
- Spanish (Español)
- French (Français)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Russian (Русский)
Identify the interests, the likes and dislikes, of Dutch-speaking people between 15 and 25 years of age on Twitter. Use these materials for marketing
- Obtained about a million tweets from Twitter. Demographics API was instrumental in identifying messages from Dutch-speaking people on Twitter of ages 15-25. Subsequently, the issues that ocuppy them were analyzed and published, together with the corresponding sentiments
- Analyzed survey-response data from a Vodafone-conducted survey of Dutch-speaking people aged 15-25 (900+ data samples). Automatically extracted the most important topcis of their interests from open questions
- Visualized the results for easy interpretation
API Use and Pricing
The use of this API costs 1 credit per text-item. For each credit you can have one piece of text (e.g. one tweet or one review) analysed, regardless of it's size.
Commercial and large-scale use
Depending on your requirements, it is possible to pre-purchase credits, to subscribe for on-going processing, or to request a custom offer. Purchases can be processed by PayPal, or as international bank transfer.
Demo and non-commercial use
All our API's allow demo and testing use for free. You can request an API key to test our API's using the form below, after which an API key with 5000 credits will be e-mailed to the provided e-mail address. The use of the API beyond this limit requires a commercial account and a API key. We will never share your e-mail address with anyone, and use it only to prevent the abuse of the demo functionality. At any time you can upgrade your demo key by adding purchased credits to it, or by switching to a subscription plan. All API use is subject to the API Licensing Agreement and our Terms and Conditions. By requesting a demo key through this website, you state having read, understood and agreed to the terms set out in both documents.
- You are running a campaign, building a proof-of-concept for a product, researching a concept or otherwise don't require ongoing processing of data.
- You can pre-purchase the processing of a set number of data units with no strings attached.
- You are in a production environment where you need recurrent processing of data for a foreseeable amount of time.
- It is more economical to subscribe for (monthly) recurrent processing.The data unit limit will be reset after each month of use.
- If you still have pre-purchased credit attached to your API key and wish to switch to the recurrent processing service, the duration of the service will be extended for the remaining value of your pre-purchased credits.
- The minimal duration of a subscription is six months, after which the subscription can be cancelled monthly!
Custom classifiers, large data volumes, on-site processing
- You have a domain-specific application (for instance, processing financial texts), and you absolutely need the highest possible accuracy. We can create a domain-specific, custom-tailored classifier solution for you.
- You are (recurrently) processing data volumes larger than those offered by the subscription plans outlined under "Recurrent processing", or you require specific guarantees of uptime/availability/service. We can help you.
- You require all data processing to happen within your own network, and therefore you need a on-site, unlimited processing solution. This is possible.
It is also possible to receive an official offer for the use of our services by contacting us. Payments can also be made using international bank transfers. All stated prices exclude VAT (where applicable).
All API use is subject to the API Licensing Agreement and our Terms and Conditions. By conducting a purchase through this website, you state having read, understood and agreed to the terms set out in both documents.